By John DeFrancis
An entire revision of the 1st quantity within the Yale Linguistic sequence, this new edition, in pinyin romanization, and geared toward secondary institution and faculty degrees, is an creation to spoken chinese language. It contains dialogues, pronunciation drills, sentence-building routines, examples of characters, substitution drills, and miscellaneous routines within the type of video games like crossword puzzles. there's a mixed glossary-index, supplementary vocabulary for every lesson, notes, and an in depth advised learn advisor. John De Francis is study professor of chinese language at Seton corridor college. Yale Linguistics sequence, 1.
The positive factors of this introductory textual content for studying the chinese include:
-Vocabulary of six hundred items
-Pronunciation drills, dialogues, sentence-building workouts, trend drills, substitution tables, video games and different studying aids, memorization workouts, and a mixed glossary-index
-No characters are used
Read Online or Download Beginning Chinese PDF
Best chinese books
Сраниц: 48Anita Shan is an entire chef with a long time adventure in her selected box. Her recipes are effortless to persist with and her equipment are quickly, making sure a enjoyable and stress-free event for all. fast and simple guidance for coaching and cooking effortless to take advantage of step-by-step directions genuine recipes from worldwide Starters, soups, salads, major classes and truffles integrated Conversion advisor for imperial and metric measurements particular word list of cookery phrases and components.
Dealing not just with structure, sculpture, and portray, but additionally with bronze and ceramics, this article bargains an entire landscape of chinese language arts and civilisation. In his textual content, the writer Bushell stresses the significance of realizing the society to appreciate the humanities.
The chinese language study Academy of Environmental Sciences (CRAES) has carried out the Environmental publicity comparable task trend study of chinese language inhabitants (Adults). publicity elements guide of chinese language inhabitants (Adults) was once compiled in accordance with the consequences from this research. Highlights of the chinese language publicity elements guide is a short advent to the content material of publicity components guide of chinese language inhabitants (Adults).
This paintings is a complete examine of Han Yu (768-824), a important determine within the historical past of the chinese language Confucian culture.
- Chinese Firms between Hierarchy and Market: The Contract Management Responsibility System in China
- Anne of Green Gables (Webster's Chinese-Traditional Thesaurus Edition)
- The Making of a Savior Bodhisattva: Dizang in Medieval China (Studies in East Asian Buddhism)
- The Typology of Motion Events: An Empirical Study of Chinese Dialects
Extra info for Beginning Chinese
4. Often, specific measures are used with certain nouns: zhi with the names of long slender objects, bE'm 'volume, copy' with shu 'books,' and so on. It is advisable to memorize the appropriate measure for each noun you learn. 5. ' Examples: sankuai-qian 'three dollars' [lit. 'three lumps money'] sikuai-qian 'four dollars' [lit. 'four lumps money'] sanben-shu 'three (volumes) books' siben-shu 'four (volumes) books' A measure must always intervene between a number and a noun (as, sanben-shu}; a number cannot precede a noun directly.
7. Zhe-'yigong 'duoshao-qian? 'Yigong sankuai-yi. How much is this altogether? Altogether (it's) three-ten. 8. Zhe-shi-'Meiguo-bi -bu-shi? Bu-shi. Shi-'Yingguo-bi. Is this an American pen? No. It's an English pen. 9. Zheizhi -bi 'duoshao-qian? Sikuai-qian. Zheizhi -bi hEm-hao. How much is this pen? Four dollars. This pen is very fine. Taitai-yao-mai-shenmo? Ta -yao-mai -shu. What does the lady want to buy? She wants to buy some books. Zheizhi -bi wukuai-qian. N:lmai -yi zhi -rna? Xiexie, wo-bu-mai.
Yigong sankuai-yi. How much is this altogether? Altogether (it's) three-ten. 8. Zhe-shi-'Meiguo-bi -bu-shi? Bu-shi. Shi-'Yingguo-bi. Is this an American pen? No. It's an English pen. 9. Zheizhi -bi 'duoshao-qian? Sikuai-qian. Zheizhi -bi hEm-hao. How much is this pen? Four dollars. This pen is very fine. Taitai-yao-mai-shenmo? Ta -yao-mai -shu. What does the lady want to buy? She wants to buy some books. Zheizhi -bi wukuai-qian. N:lmai -yi zhi -rna? Xiexie, wo-bu-mai. This pen is five dollars.
- Download The Thought Remolding Campaign of the Chinese Communist by Hu Ping & Philip F. Williams & Yenna Wu PDF
- Download Philip Larkin: The Poet’s Plight by James Booth (auth.) PDF