By Robert S.; Thimann, Kenneth V.; Marrian, G. F. Harris
Read or Download Advances in Research and Applications PDF
Best research books
Via compelling examples, Brian Edmiston provides the case for why and the way adults may still play with little ones to create with them a 'workshop for life'. In a bankruptcy on 'mythic play' Edmiston confronts grownup soreness over kid's play with faux guns, as he encourages adults either to aid kid's wants to event in mind's eye the bounds of lifestyles and loss of life, and to shuttle with young ones on their transformational trips into unknown territory.
"System point checking out is changing into more and more very important. it's pushed by way of the incessant march of complexity . .. that is forcing us to resume our pondering at the tactics and systems that we practice to check and prognosis of structures. in truth, the complexity defines the process itself which, for our reasons, is ¿any aggregation of comparable parts that jointly shape an entity of adequate complexity for which it's impractical to regard all the components on the lowest point of element .
- Linking and Aligning Scores and Scales
- Advances in Grey Systems Research
- Progress in Drug Research / Fortschritte der Arzneimittelforschung / Progrès des Recherches Pharmaceutiques
- Acute virus infections of poultry : a seminar in the CEC Agricultural Research Programme, held in Brussels, June 13-14, 1985
- NMR: Principles and Applications to Biomedical Research
Extra resources for Advances in Research and Applications
5%) Battle casualties. . . Dengue.. .... Typhus..... . . 2%) -- Total with recent a . . . . 7%) Total number of cases.. 7%). The following points can be made about the etiology: (a) the undernourished were more prone to the disease, (b) there was no difference in incidence between smokers and nonsmokers, although the clinical features were indistinguishable from tobacco amblyopia, (c) prolonged physical effort seemed to be a precipitating factor, and when improvement had occurred it could also bring about a relapse, as would an acute febrile illness such as malaria or dysentery, (d) symptoms appeared in some cases as long as 6-9 weeks after a marked improvement in the diet, suggesting a latent period before damage is apparent.
A variety of adjectives is used to describe it, such as aching, burning,Lor throbbing. (2) I n over half the cases, sharp or stabbing pains may be superadded. These last a few seconds, travelling parallel to the toes and soles of the feet to the heels and sometimes extending up the shins to the knees. I n a small proportion of cases, similar symptoms develop in the hands, but usually in cases where the pains in the feet are of long duration. As time goes by, the ache or burning sensation becomes persistent, getting worse a t nighttime, when the sharp stabs of pain appear, reaching their maximum particularly after the patients retire, thus preventing sleep.
Deafness of a central type of gradual onset was observed in a number of camps in the Far East. Such a symptom had already been recognized as part of a deficiency syndrome by Stannus (1936) and other medical officers in British Colonies. Grande and Jiminez (1942) and Peraita (1942) termed the condition ‘(cochlear neuritis” when it appeared in patients with retrobulbar neuropathy and signs of cord damage during the Spanish Civil War. In the patients in Changi Camp the deafness was rarely complete and in many appeared to be confined to sounds of certain pitch only, although the range would vary from patient to patient.
- Download Agent Technology for Communication Infrastructures by Rachel A. Bourne, Rachel Bourne, Alex L. G. Hayzelden PDF
- Download Auth of Nuclear Powerplnt Ctl Rm Personnel (IAEA PDF